Tuesday, December 16, 2008

#94 Pulp Fiction (1994)




The sad truth is as follows: I watched about 1/2 hour of this when I was a freshman in college, but it didn't hold my attention because I was very tired, so I went back to my room and slept. I didn't sit down to watch it again for 10 years. I apologize to myself.

Tarantino hasn't always hit the mark, but Pulp Fiction was a real triumph in nonlinear storytelling insanity. It requires a love of irreverent violence and Sam Jackson dropping F-bombs. There has been so much written about Pulp Fiction that I can hardly add a word.

My favorite scene is when Bruce Willis goes hunting through a pawn shop for a suitable weapon and comes back with...with...gotta watch it. Travolta and Uma dancing is classic. Heck, the whole thing is pretty classic. Somewhere they had this on the top 10 all-time movies. You really owe it to yourself to check it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home